※Cape Maeda is a spectacular site, but please make safety a priority.
- Cape Maeda Facility Management Office manages ONLY the property. We are NOT responsible for any water accidents. Guests are required to take full responsibility for their own acts and accidents.
- Life jackets and/or floating belts must be worn when snorkeling.
- No swimming is allowed when the Cape Maeda Facility Management Office closes the stairs to the water due to severe weather or bad sea conditions.
There has been an increase in the number of incidents involving people jumping from the cliff walls inside the cave into the sea below. This is extremely dangerous to anyone swimming, snorkeling, or SCUBA diving inside the cave. The staff of Cape Maeda requests all visitors to please refrain from any such activities.
Please do not park along the street.
Local residents would like all guests visiting the Cape Maeda area, including the beaches, to park their vehicles in the designated parking area of Cape Maeda.
Parking along the street causes traffic problems and also poses difficulties for local farmers trying to access their farmland.
Okinawa Prefecture Onna village Maeda 469-1
Map code that can be used in car navigation
system (206 062 685 * 85)
180 vehicle spaces
5 buses spaces (except Summer)
4 handicapped vehicle spaces
Bus spaces are available by reservation only.
Restrooms for Men, Women, Physically-Challenged
- ◆20 Hot-Water Showers (200yen)
10 Showers for Men
10 Showers for Women
- ◆Coin-Lockers (100yen)
- ◆Changing Rooms
3 Rooms for Men
3 Rooms for Women
- ◆4 Hair Dryers (100yen)
- ◆1 Telescope (100yen)
The Following JPY Bills CANNOT be used: 2,000, 5,000, and 10,000.
Please ask for change at the Cape Maeda Visitor’s Center Office.
Parking Fees for Buses must be paid at the Cape Maeda Visitor’s Center Office
|1st Hour||Additional Hour|
Showers (subject to change)
This Month: 07:00 – 21:00 (200yen)
Coin Locker (subject to change)
This Month: 07:00 – 21:00 (100yen)
Hair Dryer (subject to change)
This Month: 08:30 – 21:00 (100yen)
Cape Maeda Visitor’s Center
Office Hours 08:30 – 21:00
TODAY’S SWIMMING INFO
（Live Camera）to Monitor Sea Conditions
Stairs to The Water
- ■Flag ・・・OK to Swim
- ■Flag・・・ OK to Swim ONLY with diving companies or instructors
- ■Flag・・・NO SWIMMING
- ■Flag・・・Tsunami Warning (NO SWIMMING)
Note: Flag colors cannot be properly shown on some mobile phones except AU.
All guests must take full responsibility for any water accidents.
※Check the weather conditions frequently
The following acts are STRICTLY PROHIBITED within the Cape Maeda area.
- Usage of private water tanks for showering in the parking area
- Dumping trash and cigarette butts
- Fishing with a spear (Hawaiian sling) or spear gun
- Cliff-Diving into the water near Cape Maeda or inside the Blue Cave
- Swimming during severe weather or dangerous sea conditions
- Disturbing the public or indecent acts
- Usage of beach parasols or chairs in the parking area
- Usage of barbeques within the Cape Maeda area
- Possessing a double-edged knife with a 5.5cm blade or longer (The Swords and Firearms Control Law) (Single edge is allowed.)
- Descending from the stairs with an inflatable boat or kayak
- Political or religious activities
- Holding onto mooring-buoys for authorized fishing/diving boats
- Taking or cutting of plants and flowers from the Cape Maeda area
Please follow all instructions and abide by all rules given by Facility Management and Staff